Monday, May 23, 2011

Chris Garneau

I was less than happy today when the second lag of my flight home was delayed 3 hours in the Detroit airport. Since I was flying on only 1.5 hour of sleep from the last of my nights in Miami (5 am car pick up time) I was more than exhausted. Needless to say, I promptly passed out in a what we'll downgrade to an 'awkward position' in the airport chairs, yes the ones with the separators preventing you to lay down; however, I did manage to sprawl myself over 2 chairs and to fall into the dream world pretty quickly. Now for those of you that know me, you know you don't rustle an overtired, sleeping bear and you would also know that my father still refers to me as Bear because I was obsessed with my teddy bear when I was younger, and he thought it would bother me and that I'd stop bringing it everywhere, au contraire father, au contraire, but I digress. I was woken up to the only other person at the gate, and i'm talking 4 rows of empty seats here, who decided that the best seat in the house looked like the one where my feet were. And so he sat. And so I woke up to a newly close (in proximity) neighbour. The purpose of this story is to intro this song. My ipod was on shuffle during my nap and this golden piece of melody was rolling into my ears and calmed the steam down to a light simmer as I turned my back to my new friend and fell back asleep. this line was a big contributor 'I didn't go to see the city, I went to see it around you.' ah romance in words, although the rest of the song is pretty much about his empty heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment