Monday, June 8, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The YYYs just dropped the video for their second single, Heads Will Roll, from their latest LP Its Blitz and its sure to get you up on the d-floor shaking it like you have so many times for their first single, Zero… Seriously though, Karen O is possibly the coolest as they come and if she can’t get you up dancing when she tells you to “dance till your dead” then you are boring. I know they’ve been getting a lot of criticism for their layering of synthesizer on this album, but to me this is synthesizer done right.


I’m loving the video, everything from the Queen of Hearts-esque costume that Karen O is sporting, which I believe is in reference to the lyrics “Off with their heads”, the light up keyboard right off the top, to the cut open bodies with the glitter insides (seriously, I wish I was made of glitter) but for me it was the Michael Jackson-esque werewolf that really put the cherry on the cake.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment