Friday, June 24, 2011

Of Monsters and Men

The inspiration for my day: Of Monsters and Men. The first tune I heard from this Icelandic band, Little Talks, is very reminiscent of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zero's Home. I think its safe to say that since the father/daughter rendition of Home, its nestled into the softest parts of our hearts....so, what better way to intro this band than with that comparison:



The more I listen to their acoustic folky tunes, the deeper I fall. Their lyrics are charming, and thematically stay true to their genre, as most of their songs seem to tell a story. What's not to love love love?





Check out more on their myspace, as we all patiently await their debut album (which they're currently in the studio recording): http://www.myspace.com/ofmonstersandmenmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment