Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Florence and the Machine

Florence and the Machine caught my eye after the NME awards in February and after further investigation, I saw that they were name the Brit Awards Critic’s Choice for the new act most likely to be big in 2009, and they are certainly on their way. She totally reminds me of a bad ass 5 year old kid - you know what I'm talking about, there was one in every family! She's just full of imagination, which is evident through their music…maybe she got it from some of the colorful characters she grew up with, just south of London.

Florence: "There was this guy who used to talk to the bus stop.
"I haven't seen him in a while actually, I'm worried about him. Maybe he actually got on the bus.

Crazy that their second single, Dog Days Are Over, was recorded with no instruments!

"We didn't have any instruments and we were in a studio the size of a loo.
"All the drums were done by like banging on walls and endless vocal tracks tuned into this big screaming mess.

Put it on your ipod, kids.
Florence And The Machine - Dog Days


First single: Kiss with a Fist

No comments:

Post a Comment